Roundtable Event: 7 March 2022
This event is part of FBC’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) workstream, designed to help Authorised Fund Managers get on the front foot in terms of meeting their responsibilities when it comes to Responsible Investment.
Building on our 16 November 2021 event, this round table discussion will aim to address the question of what Authorised Fund Manager (AFM) boards should be doing next when it comes to Responsible Investment, i.e. addressing environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors within and across their fund ranges.
We will be joined by Claudia Chapman, Head of Stewardship at the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) and Mark Manning, Technical Specialist, Sustainable Finance and Stewardship, at the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) who will open the discussion, covering themes such as:
- What are some common themes in responsible investing frameworks, including the FRC’s Stewardship Code, UN Principles for Responsible Investment and the Net Zero Investment Framework (from the Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC))?
- How are asset managers approaching aligning with these frameworks, including insights from the FRC’s assessment of Stewardship Reports from successful (and unsuccessful) signatories to their Code?
- Why are these frameworks relevant to AFM boards and their regulatory responsibilities, including monitoring promises of ‘ESG integration’ across funds (i.e. both ESG-specific and other funds)?
- What are the key current FCA Stewardship requirements relevant to authorised funds and AFM boards including direction of travel indicated by things like:
- CP21/17 on TCFD reporting requirements and extending these to AFMs
- DP21/4 on Sustainability Disclosure Requirements and investment labels
- The UK Governments’ Greening Finance: A Roadmap to Sustainable Investing
We will then open the discussion to the attendees for what we are sure will be an interesting discussion of how these matters are being considered on their fund boards.
This is an FBC member only event. If you are a non-member on a fund board and have an enquiry regarding this event, please do get in touch with us at email@example.com.
If you are a member, please log into your portal to register here.