This event was the third in FBC’s series of ESG-themed round-tables, designed to help AFMs (and fund board professionals in particular) get on the front foot in terms of meeting their responsibilities when it comes to Responsible Investment.
We were joined by the FCA and our expert panel and discussed the new consultation paper:
- Mark Manning, Technical Specialist, Sustainable Finance and Stewardship, FCA
- Sandra Carlisle, Head of Sustainability, Jupiter
- Julie Patterson, iNED
- What are the key requirements introduced and how do they build upon and differ from those in the FCA’s Nov 2021 discussion paper on SDR and investment labels (DP 21/4)?
- How do the requirements compare with the European Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulations (SFDR)?
- What is the current status of the UK Green Taxonomy and how will it interact?
- What are the main things which the FCA be looking for in how firms implement the requirements?
- What are our speakers’ initial responses to the details of the paper?
- How are our speakers’ firms approaching preparing to implement the requirements?
- What does good practice look like in terms of how firms should oversee alignment with existing FCA ESG regulations and the evolving consultation paper requirements?