Fund Boards Council (FBC) today announces that it has appointed nine leading fund governance experts to its Advisory Council.
The Advisory Council, which recently held its first meeting, will support Fund Board Council’s founders, Shiv Taneja and Catherine Battershill, as they build out FBC’s governance program for fund boards and iNEDs.
Comprising experts from current fund management boards, law, compliance, governance, the Advisory Council will also benefit from international expertise and experience from participants based in the US, Dublin and Asia.
Announcing the appointments, Founder and CEO of Fund Boards Council, Shiv Taneja, said: “Our fund board members – whether chairs, executives or independents – will be confronted with a wide range of testing governance challenges in the years ahead. We are delighted to be able to draw upon the knowledge, insight and experience of this group of renowned industry and governance experts to help our members navigate through these challenges and to support them as they and the entire industry strive for better fund governance on behalf of investors.”
Fund Boards Council’s Advisory Council members are:
· Philip Warland, Senior Adviser at Kreab and former adviser to the Investment Association
· Susan Ferris Wyderko, President and CEO of the Mutual Fund Directors Forum in the US
· Martyn Gilbey, Chair of Franklin Templeton Fund Management Ltd and Franklin Templeton Investment Management Ltd
· Laura HouÃ«t, Partner, Financial Services Regulatory at CMS
· Stewart Aldcroft, Chairman of CitiTrust Limited (based in Hong Kong)
· Alexandra Cornforth, board-level compliance consultant to the asset management industry
· Greg Brisk, Head of Governance at BNY Mellon
· Dr Margaret Cullen, CEO and Academic Director at the Certified Investment Fund Director Institute
· Melville Rodrigues, Partner, Charles Russell Speechlys
Catherine Battershill, Founder and Managing Director, explained: “We are passionate advocates for good governance on fund boards and our newly-established Advisory Council will help FBC to shine a light on examples of excellence from the asset management industry, offer guidance to fund boards who need our help and back the industry-wide push for greater transparency, better governance and increased value.”
The Fund Boards Council is a membership organisation for directors of mutual fund boards. Originally established as UK Fund Boards in 2018, the Fund Boards Council aims to be the most authoritative source of insight, thought-leadership and engagement on fund board governance topics across Europe.